2020 was a great year for the Sons of Norway Foundation. Our lodges and members responded throughout the year, and especially during the Together We Are The Future campaign. The Sons of Norway Foundation Board of Governors thanks you for your incredible support.
Members and lodges donated $391,615. This included a $90,000 legacy, a $20,000 memorial, and a $53,000 addition to an existing endowed scholarship.
Donations to the Together We Are The Future campaign were $210,164:
- $ 85,561 for endowed scholarships
- $ 17,013 for the humanitarian relief fund
- $ 106,590 unrestricted funds
Donations came from 721 members and 113 lodges. Our lodges donated $29,585.
As we move forward in 2021, here are some things we are asking our lodges to do:
- Consider appointing a lodge foundation director if you haven’t done so
- Publicize the purpose and benefits of the Foundation in your newsletters
- Encourage members to apply for scholarships and grants
- Support the mission of the Foundation
Remember: The Foundation is here for you . . . for good and forever.