Have you ever wondered how one person can create positive changes in the world? Contributing in a significant way can seem like a monumental task. On October 23rd, you can pitch in to help others on Make a Difference Day. There is still time to lend a hand to others in a meaningful service project.
For ideas on where to start, visit:
- Volunteer.gov volunteer.gov
- Volunteer Match volunteermatch.org
- Engage engage.pointsoflight.org
- Volunteers of America voa.org
- United Way liveunited.org
- Red Cross redcross.org
Make a difference with these three steps:
- Identify a needDo some research and determine who needs help in your community. Donate canned goods, clean up a park, make care packages for a shelter, or host a fundraiser for a charity.
- Make plans and get the word outPost flyers, e-mail your friends and family and advertise your project on social media, so volunteers can join your efforts. Make sure to include the date, time, project details, and any other important information.
- Report backWhat measurable impact did your project have? After the 23rd, tell others how you helped change lives for the better. Send a description of your project with results and photos to your District Publicity Director for use in Viking magazine.
Whether you design your own project or pitch in on someone else’s, do something good for someone else and make a difference in your community.